Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Argh! I hate moving!

The movers are coming on Thursday to put the contents of my apartment into storage for a year. This gives me one whole day to magically have everything neatly packed into boxes by the time they arrive. I don’t know how I’m going to pull this off.

I spent eight hours yesterday and nine hours today sorting, tossing and recycling. I haven’t even started packing yet. Argh! How is it possible for one person to collect so much crap?

For example, my crap collection includes:
a) My TTC bus passes from high school.
b) Not one, not two but three broken hair dryers.
c) My Ontario Place nametag from the summer I worked as a bumper boat attendant.
d) Boxes of tapes that haven’t been listened to in at least a decade.
e) Mugs, mugs and more mugs. Why does one person need 50 mugs?
f) Really ugly clothes that I hate but am inexplicably attached to and so have been unable to part with them.
g) A medicine cabinet full of pills that expired four years ago.
h) Phone bill statements from when I lived in New Brunswick.

I could go on and on. I swear 90 per cent of the stuff in my apartment is crap. Don’t even get me started on the science experiments growing in the fridge. And, no, I haven’t defrosted the freezer yet.

I feel like I’m turning into my grandmother. The woman could not throw anything away. From now on, I’m going to own as little stuff as possible so that I never have to go through this hell again. I hate moving!

No comments: