Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My own private Okanagan

The Okanagan is one of my favourite places in Canada. Maybe even the world. This place is all cool lakes and hot sunshine. Rolling hills and sandy beaches. And wine. Lots and lots of wine.

If I'm ever lucky enough to meet a man crazy enough to marry me, I think I'd like to settle down here. Until then, I guess I'll have to be content with the occasional weekend trip to the Okanagan. Like the one we had this past weekend.

We camped on Skaha Lake and rode our bikes through the valley. We did other fun things too, like hang out at the public pool in Penticton where we raced down the waterslide and had a competition to see who could come up with the craziest dive off the springboard. (I won. Both times.) And there was wine. Lots and lots of wine.

There's nothing like camping in the wild outdoors, where you can't get hot coffee in the morning and you wake up to find worms in your helmet.

Is that a pump and a spare tube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Nice view! And I'm not talking about the mountains.

Nice view! This time I actually am talking about the mountains.

Sony and I decide to support the local economy by sharing a few bottles of wine.

No comments: