Thursday, May 18, 2006

My 15 seconds of fame

For those of you who didn’t see Claire Martin pimp my blog on Newsworld the other night, you can relive the magic right now!

Here is a series of badly lit, poorly framed photographs I took during a repeat of her pimpilicious weather forecast. (Bonus: My e-mail exchange with Claire Martin appears at the bottom of this post.)

1. CBC meteorologist Claire Martin is seen standing in front of a massive screenshot of the Google homepage during her weather forecast. She is laughing as she tells us that something very interesting happens when you Google “George Stroumboulopoulos loves Claire Martin.”

2. The results pop up. The search returns all kinds of serious websites, like the Royal Canadian Air Farce. But then, Claire points out, there is this . . .

3. Claire clicks on the link and my blog is suddenly on the national news.

4. Claire reads my post about how much I love her.

5. Claire freaks out. She starts waving her arms in the air, and laughs, “What is this? This is crazy. I can’t believe that someone would write this.”

6. “Okay. Enough of this. Onto the weather.”


I love this woman! Here's the e-mail I sent her the day after her weather forecast:

From: Sarah Marchildon
To: Claire Martin
Subject: Hilarious!
Date: Wednesday May 17, 2006, 9:56 a.m.

Hi Claire,

I almost fell off the couch last night when I saw your weather forecast! Imagine my surprise when my blog (um…yeah, I’m the one who has a “non-sexual crush” on you. Hi! Don’t worry. I’m not crazy. Just a fan.) popped up on the giant screen behind you. It was hilarious in a shocking kind of way. You are now my favourite CBC personality of all time (George has been bumped down to the number 2 spot). Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Sarah

---------

Here’s her response:

From: Claire Martin
To: Sarah Marchildon
Subject: Re: Hilarious!
Date: Wednesday May 17, 2006, 11:11 a.m.

Oh -- thank god you found it funny! We thought it was hilarious!! You absolutely made our show.

Keep watching.

Claire

No comments: