Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Madonna and ABBA together at last

Have you heard the new Madonna song? "Time goes by so slowly (unh, unh, unh, mmmmmm, mmmmm, something, something, something, do, do, do, doodle loo) I'm tired of waiting on you."

It’s awesome. I can’t listen to it without being overcome by the urge to throw down a piece of cardboard and start poppin' and lockin' all over the place.

The video for "Hung Up" is even better than the song. Madonna looks like a total fox in that retro Jane Fonda leotard. I probably would have cut the scene where she's riding the giant ghetto blaster, though. That’s a little weird.

My only other complaint is that my favourite fashion accessory -- the sequined belt -- is about to become obnoxiously trendy. People everywhere are going to be wearing sequined belts thanks to the video. That was my thing.

Still, it’s a wicked song. I can’t wait to hear the rest of the album when it’s released in all its disco-inspired glory on November 15.

No comments: